Re: [BUG?] strange behavior in ALTER TABLE ... RENAME TO on inherited columns

От Bernd Helmle
Тема Re: [BUG?] strange behavior in ALTER TABLE ... RENAME TO on inherited columns
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

--On 14. Januar 2010 16:04:17 +0900 KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>
wrote:

> This patch adds:
>
>   List *find_column_origin(Oid relOid, const char *colName)
>
> It returns the list of relation OIDs which originally defines the given
> column. In most cases, it returns a list with an element. But, if the
> column is inherited from multiple parent relations and merged during the
> inheritance tree, the returned list contains multiple OIDs.
> In this case, we have to forbid changing type and renaming to keep
> correctness of the table definition.

Here's a slightly edited version of this patch from reviewing, fixing the
following:

* Fix a compiler warning by passing a pointer to skey to
systable_beginscan() (it's an array already)

* Edit some comments

The patch works as expected (at least, i don't see any remaining issues).
I'm going to mark this ready for committer.

--
Thanks

    Bernd
Вложения

Сообщение: Re: 8.5 vs. 9.0, Postgres vs. PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: 8.5 vs. 9.0, Postgres vs. PostgreSQL